Re: (NSW) Scanner frequencies for rail

Sir Cumspect <aweenipNOawSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid> said:

>YES my neighbour is a Crown sergeant.Police is a No No.
>You may be correct about the others. He is checking!
>But I will not be bothering to reply, as I will not lower myself
>to respond again your sarcasm !

"My neighbour is a cow farmer. He says you can't milk cows, so it's
definately true, despite any act of law or annecdotal evidence that cows
can't be milked".

Your statement says nothing about the law. It provides a situation that you
have conversed with a 'crown sergeant' who says that you can't listen to
police. Perhaps his personal opinion, backed up by his position within the
organisation has something to say about your comment above?

Once again, I ask you to point me to the relevant legislation stating that
an individual, like you or myself can't lawfully listen to a police
conversation by means of a scanner. For a start, try the Telecommunications
Act (not sure which year).

Regards

Michael