Re: Burke Rd (VIC) Crossing

Isn't it just because they are right-angled crossings, so the gap in the
head of the rails is much wider than in the usual diamond crossing?

I always thought they could have moveable frogs at the rail crossings -
especially at the tramway "H" crossings in the city, where the Ws make a
terrible noise!

Rgds

Ron BESDANSKY