Re: National Express does it again

Of course they knew and of course theyre responsible.

However, wildcat strikes like that where passengers get the train to
work in the morning and can't get home again are not on. If the union
felt the matter was so serious as to warrant industrial action (and I
agree with them on the substantive issue of safety and proper
maintenance) then nothing is so urgent they couldn't say "We are going
on strike tomorrow unless this is fixed"

As it was, many of those passengers who were stranded last night will
get into their cars and never come back to public transport.

Vaughan

In article <39506F32.7DAC@netlink.com.au>,
  csinn@netlink.com.au wrote:
> Mike Hunt wrote:
> >
> > I would have thought in this instance that this is not National
Express but
> > the maintenance contractor who is the problem.
> > Since when did National Express start fixing blown globes and
vandalised
> > signals?
> > Mike
> > "James C" <jamesccj@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > 394f7422$0$17001$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:394f7422$0$17001$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > > Is there a regulation such that if the private operator performs
badly
> > > they might get liquidation ??
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > James
> > >

> > > Chris <csinn@netlink.com.au> wrote in message
> > > 394F4CB4.483E@netlink.com.au">news:394F4CB4.483E@netlink.com.au...

> Are they not responsible for what their contractors do. Are you saying
> they did not know about the problem?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.