Re: First Automatic signal?

Heavy <pmartin@ssc.net.au> wrote in message
8d_35.283$BX5.5205@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:8d_35.283$BX5.5205@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...

> I think you will find the first automatic signaling used on the Victorian
> System was between Upper Ferntree Gully and Upwey on the 2'6" narrow gauge
> very early, before 1915.

22/12/1921.

> The signals were withdrawn after successful trials
> and the section reverted to train staff and ticket.

For a period, between Oct. 1927 & 28/8/1930, Upper Gully to Belgrave was run
by Train Section Orders overlaid over the Automatic Signalling.

Train Section Orders were an ancient version of Train Order working used by
the VR in a few sections for a while, except the Orders were issued by
Station Masters, not a Train Controller.

> This was the first in
> Australia as far as I can remember. Hope that has been of some help.

AFAIK this was the first 'Single Line Autos' in Victoria, was it preceded
interstate anywhere?

--
HXP1
(now with v6.08 software)