Re: First Automatic signal?

I think you will find the first automatic signaling used on the Victorian
System was between Upper Ferntree Gully and Upwey on the 2'6" narrow gauge
very early, before 1915. The signals were withdrawn after successful trials
and the section reverted to train staff and ticket. This was the first in
Australia as far as I can remember. Hope that has been of some help.

3950557A.EBC685BF@yahoo.com">news:3950557A.EBC685BF@yahoo.com...