Re: [Vic] Metcard - What could be done.

> > I didn't know you refuse to validate ticket. The reason for
> validation is to
> > count the number of passenger use the service in anytime.
> > The validator can store the number of validationw made at certain
> stretch of
> > the route at certain time. By keeping a data of passenger records can
> give
> > the operator a better idea what kind of service needed and which
> route/s are
> > over crowded or under use.

In that case, methinks they should be installing validators at tram stops
rather than on trams. Assuming one validates, due to crush, or queue, it
may be a few stops before one has purchased or validated a ticket, which
renders the information uncertain, and, for this end, useless.

This argument is valid for railway stations though.

Cheers,
Paul