Re: [Vic] Metcard - What could be done.

> > Do you know when this is happening? Do you have a reference of it
being
> > confirmed?
> Announced by Yarra tram CEO and IIRC Swanston also agreed to do so.
It was
> on Yarra trams bulliten board few month ago. IIRC Chris Gordon post
it here
> few month ago also.

Er, no, they just said they'd look at it. And they only did that to fob
the issue off because it was at the top of people's wishlist when they
did their surveys - conductors were running a close second.

Putting daily tix on trams is not something the operators can do
unilaterally. It would require either the co-operation of OneLink or
the iron hand of government :)

> I didn't know you refuse to validate ticket. The reason for
validation is to
> count the number of passenger use the service in anytime.
> The validator can store the number of validationw made at certain
stretch of
> the route at certain time. By keeping a data of passenger records can
give
> the operator a better idea what kind of service needed and which
route/s are
> over crowded or under use.

Oh please, spare me the PR brochure talk (or ring up Katie O'Shea and
ask for a job). The best way to gather this sort of data is by
conductor. Why should I have to poke my ticket in a slot for the
convenience of bean counters?

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.