Re: [NSW] Liverpool Level Crossing Smash

Ashley Wright wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:59:20 GMT, paulwatts@xoptushome.com.au (paul)
> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:51:15 +1000, Jonathan Lau
> ><jonlau@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >>Saw a brief news bulletin this morning on Channel 9 about a Level
> >>Crossing smash at Liverpool last night.
> >>
> >>A small white hatchback was hit by a Tangara. The suprising thing from
> >>the pictures they showed was that the boom gates still in the upright
> >>position, but lights were flashing.
> >>
> >>Any further details on this incident?
> >>
> >>Jon Lau
> >>
> >On a rail corridor as busy as this, I can't believe a level crossing
> >is still in operation. With a service every three minutes all day
> >long, the gates can't possibly be up a great deal.
>
> Hardly that often,

?

In off peak times, there are:
4 trains/hour each direction campbelltown via granville
2 each direction liverpool via regents park
2 each direction liverpool via bankstown
2 each direction campbelltown to blacktown

i.e. 10/hour one way, 20/hour total. that's one every 3 minutes.

There would also be XPTs, freight trains etc..

Does this section of track have two or four tracks?

Ben Munro