Re: [NSW] Liverpool Level Crossing Smash

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:51:15 +1000, Jonathan Lau
<jonlau@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Saw a brief news bulletin this morning on Channel 9 about a Level
>Crossing smash at Liverpool last night.
>
>A small white hatchback was hit by a Tangara. The suprising thing from
>the pictures they showed was that the boom gates still in the upright
>position, but lights were flashing.
>
>Any further details on this incident?
>
>Jon Lau

On a rail corridor as busy as this, I can't believe a level crossing
is still in operation. With a service every three minutes all day
long, the gates can't possibly be up a great deal.

paul x is the spam filter