Re: [NSW] Gauntlet Track

David Johnson wrote:

> Only trains being weighed use the turnout track.  Trains not being weighed can
> go through on the main line at full track speed.

My understanding of a gauntlet (or gantlet, or interlaced) track was
where there were two frogs and no points, such as used through tunnels
or over bridges.

The photo shows an arrangement with two sets of points and no frogs.
These type of arrangement also exists where high speed trains are routed
away from high platforms, while stopping trains are routed closer to the
platform through the turnouts.  I have heard these called gauntlet
tracks as well.

My question is, has anyone heard of any terms that differentiate the
two?