Re: [Vic] Metcard - What could be done.

daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au (Dave Proctor) wrote in
<Xij25.174188$701.2271748@news4.giganews.com>:

>> So if they told you to go and jump off the Westgate Bridge, you would
>> to it because "they told me so" - or you would fight it any way you can?
>
>Crazy comparison - I expected better from you, Michael.
>
>In your civil disobedience campaign (because that is what it is) why not
>suggest that people use CityLink without paying? Same situation, an
>inconvenience (paying the toll costs money) which people can avoid by
>ignoring it.

I'm not telling anyone to break the rules here. I am discussing reasoning
behind why the rules should be changed. For the record, as discussed
previously I am one of many people who purchases the correct ticket all the
time, and gives it the first time validation. I am also unlike many people,
and validate my ticket each time I board a tram or bus. I also validate my
ticket before boarding a train, unless it's a station like Flinders Street
where it would be crazy to exit the station and enter the station for the
purposes of revalidation.

Regards

Michael