Re: electric loco 4501 or 7001

In article <3948A233.5E794DDB@enet21.com.au>,
chris  <chris@enet21.com.au> wrote:
>I had thought it was kinda complete, as I heard a story that it wouldn't take
>much to get it going again except the will of the RTM's management.

 I've been in side it. While most of the parts might be there, they are NOT
in the right order. :-)
 The abestos was at least partially stripped out and any part in the way was
either cut off or left in a pile in the corner.

 The cabs have been heavly vandalised.

 The window to restore it to operation has been lost I expect. While the 46
class were still running, and there were trained fitters and parts that could
be taken from 46 class, there was a chance. Now, forget it. We'l have a
hard enough time trying to remember how to repair the 46 class, let alone
the similar but not quite the same prototype.

 The easiest way to get 7100 running again would to be complete the vandalism
job and put a modern solid state converters in the body. No one would see the
chopper modules inside the car-body :-)