Re: Albury/Wodonga line relocation??

Hunslet wrote:

> L & D wrote:
>

> > It's nothing about reducing running times the curent station sits on a prime
> > comercial site and the council has big idea's for it.
> >
> > ALBURY - It's not the station that is being sought for redevopment, but the old
> > transshipping yard of the pre-standard gauge days.

I think if the internal fwy  go's ahead they will use some of the transshipping yard.

The  mayor of Wodonga over the past two days has been blasting his Albury counter
parts as they have changed their minds and after a number of years being  pro
internal freeway  have now just voted to sit on the fence and wait for an inquiry of
the RTA costings.  The Wodonga Mayor on one hand doesn't mind a freeway through the
middle of Albury  but he can't get the money quick enough to rid Wodonga of its
station and rail yards. I do hope he never succeeds on either.

Davo