Re: GSR to Darwin, latest.

Telltelljb@01.ozemail.com.au wrote:
> GSR plan to run two services per week for 9 months of
> the year with one service for the remaining 3 months.
> In answer to a question that the stations for Tennant
> Creek and Katherine will be outside the towns, they are
> planning a 4 hour stopover in Katherine to see local
> sights.

A while back I heard of a proposal to put in motorail facilities at
Katherine. The idea was to capture some of the tourist market to the
Kimberley region. Put your train on the car in Sydney, Melbourne or
Adelaide, take it off at Katherine and drive to northern WA. I didn't
think much of it at the time, but this lends some credibility to it.

Cheers
David