Re: [Qld] Tilt train and Rockhampton area

----------
In article <3946b0dd$0$496$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>, "James C"
<jamesccj@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>Also I will be taking Tilt train(THE BEST TRAIN in Australia for sure btw)
>to Rockhampton and would like to take photo of trains running on Denison
>street. I would like to know if there is any train running on Denison street
>from Sunday afternoon(after 1730) to Tuesday morning ? (I'll be arrive in
>Rocky on July 2nd leaving July 4th)

Hah, it's like shooting fish in a barrel, just wait and something will come
along. Denison St is the main north line so plenty of trains rattle up and
down along it. If you want more info, try asking at the station to find out
what freights might be kicking around. When I was there last July, I saw a
number of trains every day. Most memorable one was sitting in the Irish pub
at night drinking Guinness and watching a stock train wander past.
There are at least 3 pubs in Denison St, but beware of the one near the
station, it's the country and Western one (shuddeerrrrrrrrr)

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne