Re: (TGR) L and M class Garratts

>The replies to my original inquiry have been most
>interesting, and as I don't have access to most of the
>reliable references mentioned, most illuminating as
>well.  Derick has confirmed most of my own suspicions about
>the political and operational issues surrounding their use on
>the TGR.  Thanks Derick!

Illuminating indeed - I second the motion.

So when are we going to see an M class running on the RVR,
James?  Live steam of course.  With eight cylinders naturally.
Given all the information to hand you might need devote some
attention to the state of the trackwork.

Cheers...JD

--
John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway