Re: throwing out perfectly good trains and trams

Dave Proctor wrote:

> "David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> > Bill Bolton wrote:

> personal
> > >
> > > It indicates what the majority of ordinary passengers expect.
> >
> > Therefore, either Eben is not the majority, or Eben is not ordinary.  :-)
>
> Although I tend to agree with him in a lot of his points (scary, isn't it!).
> Tangaras are newer than K-sets, yet K-sets are far more comfrotable. The
> newer catamaran ferries that are currently being built have seating which is
> far worse than the older RiverCats. XPT's are newer than HUB/RUB sets, but
> HUB/RUB sets are more comfortable. SO the fact that something is newer does
> not necessarily make it more comfortable.

I don't understand why everyone goes on about how uncomfortable the
seats in tangaras are. I find the vinyl seats in the older sets just as
uncomfortable as those in the tangara. The best seats in a suburban car
are the ones in the G set.
I prefer Tangaras because they have larger windows, and because they are
roomier in the door/end area and the stairs.

Ben Munro