Re: What happened to Seven Hills??

> Am I the only one who gets confused about the way Melbourne's system
> announces the stations? To give you an example:

I think its a question of what youre used to.

> This is the stopping pattern from Penrith to Central for the
intercities
> that I catch stated both ways.
>
> Sydney - Blacktown, Westmead, Parramatta, Strathfield, Central.
> Melbourne - Express to Blacktown, Express to Westmead, Express to
> Parramatta*, Express to Strathfield, Epxress to Central.
>
> * There are no stops between Westmead and Parramatta so as far as
Melbourne
> would be concerned, it would qualify as an express, would it not? Or
would
> it be announces express to Westmead, then Parramatta, express to
Strathfield
> etc?

The way I think that would be announced (melb style) would be "running
express penrith to blacktown, blacktown to westmead, parramatta to
strathfield, strathfield to central"

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.