Re: What happened to Seven Hills??

> >Hi All,
> >Well, I experienced it myself, on the Richmond train yesterday
> >afternoon scheduled to stop at Seven Hills and guess what - he went
> >straight through with out notice and with out any apoligy to the many
> >passengers caught out. I was actually going to Blacktown to travel on
> >"The River" back to Gosford.
> >
> >Other than that hiccup, and 25 minute wait at International for a
> >train to Central in the morning, other trips went off with no great
> >problems.
> >
> >REgards
> >John
> It happens fairly often. Drivers, being human, sometimes forget to
> stop at a station. Toongabbie on the up and Wenty on the down are
> common occurrences.

Hijack time, This used to happen in Melbourne quite a lot, drivers
stopping where they should go express and going express where they are
to stop.  Once guards were removed I noticed a lot less of this and now
it is almost nil, why? I don't know maybe it has something to do with
drivers needing to open/shut doors so they are more aware they have to
stop or go express, maybe it is they have to look up the timetable know
where they are stopping to make announcements. Ie a driver making an
announcements at Richmond to say "Lilydale train running express
Richmond to Box Hill then Blackburn, Mitcham and Ringwood and all
stations to Lilydale" then he remembers he goes express through
Labuurnam, Nunawading and Heatherdale where almost all trains normally
stop.

--

Chris Gordon

http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig