Re: Re: What happened to Seven Hills??

David Johnson got bored on Wed, 07 Jun 2000 18:43:33 +1000 and so wrote the following:

          Hubert Lam wrote:

          > yes!
          > only up suburban services on the main north that don't stop at West Ryde are the two
fast trains in
          > the morning ex Hornsby that stop at Meadowbank and alternate with West Ryde as V sets
are tabled to
          > stop at WR in the morning.
          >
          > David Johnson got bored on Tue, 06 Jun 2000 12:43:19 +1000 and so wrote the following:
          >
          >           Hubert Lam wrote:
          >
          >           > Happened today (5/6/2000) at West Ryde as I was heading home. Train stopped
and then
          > after 30
          >           > seconds moved off without doors opening.
          >
          >           Was it supposed to stop or not?

          0718 ex HBY
          0748 ex HBY
          1934 ex HBY
          do not stop at West Ryde.

I don't know about that 7.34pm one but from looking at the public timetables it definitely looks
like a train from Central Coast--even skipping Epping and Eastwood and then terminating at Sydney
Terminal.

However train stopped at Meadowbank afterwards (it was tabled to stop at Epping, Eastwood, West
Ryde, Meadownbank then Strathfield).

Just an anomaly. I've never had this happen before.

          If the train stopped, then departed after 30 seconds, the guard probably forgot to open
the doors.  I
          don't know how this would have happened if there were people waiting on the platform.
They usually get
          upset if this happens. :)  The only other explanation could be that it was transposed to
not stop
          there, but I don't know exactly what happened.