Re: [Melb] Hillside stuff up at FSS

HXP1 wrote:

> WTF does IIRC or ISTR mean?

What The Foobar
If I Recall Correctly
I Seem To Recall

> Can someone explain what it is about a "V set (tgtiabtw)" that sets it
> apart from a "G set"?

Appearance would be the biggest thing. They look almost exactly unalike.

> A RUB & a HUB, eh?

Three letter Codes chosen by someone for some reason.
RUB sets had a seperate PHS power van
HUB sets had a Generator mounted in a passenger car (PFH)

> Rlys are full of codes & abbreviations, just because you can't remember
> the *simple* & *logical* codes we use in the COTU

Centre Of The Universe

> P.S. where is MEL?  Is that SSS or FSS?

As far as NSW is concerned, MEL is SSS.  As far as VIC is concerned, MEL is
Melton.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au