Re: Are all Endeavour Prohibited on Airport Line?

Dave Proctor wrote:

> There is also a sign at Turrella facing UP trains - I only caught the first
> part of it, soming along the lines of loco hauled trains and non-electric
> trains not proceeding.......

onto the airport line until authorised by the signaller.

 - I presume it was a sign saying these trains
> were not to poceed unless the signal showed a certain aspect (i.e. NOT on
> the airport line).

No. There is a prohibition on such movements onto the airport line
unless authority is given - to the signaller by some higher authority,
and thence by the signaller. The main idea seems to be to enable fans
etc to be activated, and for such movements not to occur except in case
of emergency or near-emergency.

A similar arrangement (but less vehemently expressed) applies to Olympic
Park. For instance when the special movement with Xplorers was to be
done a few days ago, the STN specified that the fans had to be turned on
at least five minutes before the train arrived.

Eddie Oliver