Re: [Vic] Spark transfer to Somerton (3/6/2000)

John Duncan McCallum <mccallum@melbpc.org.au> said:

>Which way did it go, via Essendon or Albion? Many years ago, when the
>Seymour p
>ass in the evenings was a Y and 2 MTs (converted W cars), it took ages
>to go up
>the Glenroy Bank.

It ran via Essendon. Departed Newport just before 0900 headed for North
Melbourne, loco runs around, then runs down the BMS line. I think it's
because Brooklyn is not switched in this early, but don't quote me on this.
Someone else can confirm the Brooklyn switch-in hours. Anyway, it should
switch in for the Apex train, in which case, you would probably expect the
return return to be run via Albion. I'm not sure which way the return run
does go though.

A nice 20kph up Glenroy bank, with the 6 Comeng cars in tow, and it kept it
quite well. The unmuffled EMD 6-567 sounded very nice. It's only a pity
that the Y wasn't running short end leading on the down trip.

Has anyone noticed that Y168 has spoked wheels on one of the 4 wheelsets?
(wheelset toward the centre, on the #2 end).

regards

Michael