Re: [Vic] Spark transfer to Somerton (3/6/2000)

> > Today's spark transfer to Somerton was hauled by Y168, it makes a nice
> > change from the normal T class seen, and in the past A, P, X and T have
> > been used, so apart from moving the 4D to the wash dock at SSS has a Y
> > class transferred a spark before?
>
> > Anyway some video captures have been added to my page under the Gallery
> > and Special section.
>
> > http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig
>

> > Chris Gordon
>
> Which way did it go, via Essendon or Albion? Many years ago, when the
> Seymour p
> ass in the evenings was a Y and 2 MTs (converted W cars), it took ages
> to go up
> the Glenroy Bank.

North Melbourne and Essendon, Brooklyn signal box is no longer attended
on Saturdays so they have to run that way. If Brooklyn was staffed on
Saturdays for a special train then the spark transfer has been know to
go that way.

The pictures on my page show it going up the Glenroy bank, and it sure
takes its time.
(that is how we can get pictures of it at Oak Park, Glenroy bank,
Glenroy, Jacana)

--

Chris Gordon

http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig