Re: Whats your fav loco?

"Ross (Goldie) Goldspink" wrote:

> has to be the delightful chocolate brown painted Midland Railway Company of
> WA C class pacific that regularly passed my childhood home pulling the
> Geraldton express.

> Unfortunately none preserved -  and I haven't researched the availability of
> drawings.  Would like to build one to 5" gauge one day.

> Goldie

As you say, there are no MR C class locos preserved. However, there is
one
MR loco preserved. This is B6, a 4-4-0 that was in a park in Geraldton
for many
years. The loco was painted in the brown livery, and is presently in the
ex WAGR
Midland workshops awaiting restoration.

John McCallum, member Melbourne PC User Group,
email <mccallum@melbpc.org.au>