Re: What happened to Seven Hills??

Chris Gordon <cmgord@alphalink.com.au> said:

>> This is the stopping pattern from Penrith to Central for the
>> intercities that I catch stated both ways.
>>
>> Sydney - Blacktown, Westmead, Parramatta, Strathfield, Central.
>> Melbourne - Express to Blacktown, Express to Westmead, Express to
>> Parramatta*, Express to Strathfield, Epxress to Central.
>>
>> * There are no stops between Westmead and Parramatta so as far as
>> Melbourne would be concerned, it would qualify as an express, would it
>> not? Or would it be announces express to Westmead, then Parramatta,
>> express to Strathfield etc?
>
>I don't think I have ever heard an express one station to the next where
>there is no stations in-between.  I have heard both a human and computer
>do things like:

I have.

At Broadmeadows, "good morning passengers, the next train to depart from
platform two is the 10:08 Seymour, running express to Craigieburn, stopping
all stations from Craigieburn to Wallan, running express Wallan to Wondong,
stopping all stations Wondong to Seymour". Since when in the last 10 years
was there a station between Broadmeadows and Craigieburn? (:

Michael