Re: chatswood rail link

There will only be short sections of cut and cover, near tunnel portals.
i.e. either end of the Lane cove river bridge, the junction with the
north shore line at chatswood, carlingford, harris park, westmead.
The deepest part of the line is 67 or 68m below surface level, iirc.
This occurs in Carlingford/Epping.
Re David Bromage's post, The deepest section would probably be the line
under parramatta. I think this would be around sea level, or perhaps
just below it. Most of the route is through the hilly northern suburbs.

Ben Munro