Re: SA's biggest passenger train

----- Original Message -----
From: "James C." <thalytgvNOthSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid>
Newsgroups: aus.rail
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2000 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: SA's biggest passenger train

> > It does say "13 carriages from the former Warnambool (sic) Train
> > Service have been brought out of storage from Tailem Bend"
> > whatever that means.
> Means they hired from WCR, WCR have plenty of ex-AN, V/line, SRA and
> GSR carriages.
>

> > Did it beat any of the regular double consist IPs?
> > >It says the Port Pirie to Adelaide line was recommisioned,
> > >what, did they relay the old Broad Gauge? What are they talking
> > >about? I assume they mean a train actually used the platform at
> > >Pirie.
> > I assume so.
> > Obviously a news story from the news media, rather than a
> > railfan item.
> That Ultra long platform at Port Pirie???
Last time I looked at that platform it had about 5 or 6 cars in it that were
part of the local tourist center

Re the size of the train, I'm under the impression that some triple headed
IP ran many years ago after floods. I can't remember the reference. GSR has
a past history of saying things in press releases that are not true. They
seem to love claiming "firsts" that really were done many years ago.

Some of the rollingstock may the Murray Lander stuff. Assuming Steve has
actually got some of it up to a standard at which it can be used. The Murray
Lander is stored at Tailem Bend.

Cheers

Chris Drymalik - drymalik@arcom.com.au
Web site: http://www.railpage.org.au/comrails - Commonwealth Rollingstock