Eric's Media Competition (Was [NSW] my free travels today

Ok, we have a front runner, 20 points to Brad. Anyone else?

btw Brad, you realise now with the benefit of hindsight and better knowledge
of the Terrorgraph that you should have said there were no bad points. If it
would have got publsihed is debatable though...........

I think I can match Brad's story but I'll let you be the judge if I should
get 20 points........

It was the opening of the then new Penrith Mall in 1985 and it was opened by
then Premier Neville Wran. I was about 11 and somehow got to speak to him as
he was leaving. I told him I liked the plans for the monorail. I can't
remember commenting about the mall but when a photo of me and the then
Premier appearred in a local paper (the Sun IIRC) the next week on the front
page, I must have (or I was misquoted) said I didn't like the mall but I
liked the monorail. He then apprantly said to me "I need a mate like you
about now" .

--
Eric

Transport Site Direct URL: http://www.erk.au.com/erktrans/
Email me: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)

Sport, TV and Humour Archives http://www.webalias.com/erknet

All cows on or near the running line need to
to have a Track Safety Awareness Certificate and an approved safety
vest when on or near the line.