Re: Train failure at Como

tony bailey wrote:

> And, in fact, is probably too high for most operators in the world without
> costly resort to the "Japanese Method"

In Spain RENFRE, their eqivalent of Countrylink, provide a fare refund
if the train runs more than 5 minutes late.  There payout is well under
5%.

I think it is about time we realised our current levels of service
standards are woeful by international standards.  And don't forget
Cityrail fudges the on time figures by not taking into account
misdirected and non-operating services and measuring performance at only
a few locations not the entire route.

Chris