[VIC] Transpositions Was Re: [NSW Heavy rail] - Some oddities

> First point of interest was that this train was transposed for the
1803
> Eveleigh to Penrith service via the City Circle Outer.  First time
I've ever
> caught a train direct from Bexley North to Blacktown.

[Hijack!]
I used to enjoy it when I went to Swinburne (Glenferrie Station) and
lived in Greensborough. As often as not, the train from Glenferrie
would pull into platform 14 and become a Hurstbridge/Eltham train. It
was one of the many redeeming features of a long trip home (minimum
usually 1h15 from station to station, with an exception once of 55
minutes).

To be honest, I'm surprised that more of it doesn't go on and be
advertised as a public service. The last time anything close to this
happened was when trains from the Western Suburbs went to Dandenong or
Frankston (and I think rarely maybe Sandringham, I shall have to dig
out my old timetables) and vice versa and they were marked on the
public timetable. This seemed to stop around the time they changed from
fold out timetables to the booklets. Of course, if you are a regular
passenger, you soon work out which trains 'change lines' and aim to
catch those. Or you could by a current WTT I suppose too...

Still, I have occasionally thought (when I lived in Reservoir and had
to catch the train to East Camberwell) that it would be useful if the
Epping train became a Box Hill train or something like that. Or even if
better connections were made, although thankfully I wasn't without my
car terribly often and could get up 30-40 minutes later and drive!
--
Michael Walker
Email: wk@cgsc.vic.edu.au

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/