Re: [NSW Heavy rail] - Some oddities

Long before being detrained at Bull's Camp on Tuesday night I caught the
1740 ex Bexley North to City Circle via Airport & Museum service.

First point of interest was that this train was transposed for the 1803
Eveleigh to Penrith service via the City Circle Outer.  First time I've ever
caught a train direct from Bexley North to Blacktown.

Secondly the indicator at St James (platform 1) was showing first stop
Milsons Point then Wynyard, Town Hall, Central etc.  The voice announcement
correctly gave the first stopping station as Circular Quay.

Chris

Magilla Gorrila <choochoo@spin.net.au> wrote in message
397E67A1.BED4BBE3@spin.net.au">news:397E67A1.BED4BBE3@spin.net.au...
> I know a guy who used to work on the stations and he got the DVA to say
> "Christmas has been cancelled for today only, the next public holiday will
be
> Easter" He didn't  play it over the PA.
>
> Ronald BESDANSKY wrote:
>
> > 1. Heard on platform FIVE at Wynyard (Bankstown via Sydenham trains were
> > running via the City Inner for some reason in the a.m. peak):
> >
> > The next train from platform 5 will go to Bankstown via Sydenham. First
stop
> > Circular Quay, then St James ...... "!
> >
> > How is this possible? Can the platform controller string phrases
together to
> > make "ad hoc" announcements?
> >
> > 2. There seem to be some trains in the a.m. peak operating to Wolli
Creek