Re: railway line fences(vic)and good neighbours duty of care

"L & D" <daisyw@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

> If the line is fenced or not doesn't stop children getting on the railway
line
> they will find a way if they are inquisitive enough

But at least if it is fenced and adequately maintained, the railways have
satisfied their duty of care.

> > if just 1 police officer,ambulance officer don't have to bury
> > their feelings and deal with the trauma,
>
> What about when a child ventures out on to a busy road we don't fence that

Because of the fact (as pointed out here before) that cars can veer out of
the way and/or stop far more effectively than a train can.

Dave