Re: railway line fences(vic)

AFAIK in Victoria,the railways carried the cost of the fencing,this became
too great a cost to bare,so as the fences became derelict
councils where asked to continue the maintenance.If they said no then the
railways removed the fence entirely.
IMHO these decisions where costed by actuaries,ie how many people are likely
to wonder on to the tracks and be killed causing us to make a pay out.
In the country this situation was a little different as much lineside
railway land was leased to adjoining land holders for grazing purposes etc
and there for the tenants had a good reason to maintain fences to protect
stock.
Graeme
397DC38C.23C5774@alphalink.com.au">news:397DC38C.23C5774@alphalink.com.au...