8650?

Hi guys.

This has proberbly been answered a heap of times in here but I was wanting
to know other than 8650 being a BO-BO-BO configuration compared to the CO-CO
of the rest of the 86's. Why was it tested out on 8650 & what was the extra
bogie meant to do? Help with traction or something like that?

What is to happen with the 86's as well as the 85's that are not in use.
I've heard on here that the 86's are on ther way to Werris Creek (where the
power don't run) for storage. I would've thought keeping an electric close
to the power supply when store just in case it is needed when a loco
shortage happens (which it could)

Skippy