Re: [NSW] Track Speed Question

Kinda got it in one Sean!

The white board on top it the speed board for XPT 's and maybe now the
Xplorer as well.
The yellow one below is your standard speed board for all other passenger
and freight trains.
Generally the XPT speed is roughly between 5 to 20 kmph faster depending no
the section of track. if there is only a "yellow" speedboard at a location
the XPT's must operate at that speed. these are usually found on tight
curves or turnouts where the safe speed is the same as other trains.
Can you check the speed board again that you saw and confirm that the white
is 100 and the yellow 115? if this is correct either somebody "messed up" or
the you've discovered a "very unique" speedboard.

catch ya, dougie