Re: Re-Gauging other than to Standard Gauge

 > > If I recall correctly there is a length of dual gauge trackage where
> > the 1067mm system and the 610mm system of a neighbouring mill share a
> > tramway right of way along a boundary between mill service areas.
>
> There was dual gauge 610/1067mm between the QR main line at Meadowvale
> (Bundaberg) and Fairymead Mill. 1067mm long out of use, but the rail is
> probably still there at least as far as Moore Park Road.

There was also a dual gauge spur from Gairloch (just north of Ingham) to
Victoria Mill.
AFAIK QR locos were not permitted to travel on it, and 1067mm wagons were
moved by 610mm locos.  The 1067mm rail
was removed about January 1988.

While we are in the Bundaberg area, *where* did the spur line from Avondale
go to?  The one that branched off from the northern end of Avondale yard,
then curved under the North Coast Line.

--
John McCandless
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...