Re: Re-Gauging other than to Standard Gauge

I would suggest that the railway at Woodford does not count as the former
3'6" gauge track was dismantled in 1964 and the 2'0" track has been laid on
the old formation since 1979. Regauging to me means that a track of some
gauge already exists and one rail is moved in or out to alter the gauge.
Note that the gauge is 2'0" not 2'6".
Regards
David Mewes

Dean A Stalker <dstalker@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
397b69cc$0$11210$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:397b69cc$0$11210$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Its a 2' 6" railway, and AFAIK it isn't built on the old alignment. David
> Mewes might be able to clarify if he still reads this NG.
>
> --
> Dean A Stalker
> Email: qrhistory@dingoblue.net.au
> Home Page: http://welcome.to/qrhistory/ - The Unofficial QR History and