Re: Re:[NSW] train sent the wrong way

"Sean" <NoSpam@Hello.Springwood.Rail> wrote in message
397c3414@news.iprimus.com.au">news:397c3414@news.iprimus.com.au...
> Sorry is disagree here.
> Today a Cityrail train did get sent the wrong way. it was from a signaller
> sending it to Fairfield instead of its destination of the city. it didn't
go
> on the wrong track just the wrong main line.

Which is a mistake - how is it a catastrophe?

As Michael K. said in another post, a train being sent down the wrong line
is an inconvenience, a train being sent into another train is an incident.
(paraphrasing here).

Mistakes happen, particularly with the frequencies that operate on CityRail.
Thorough Harris Park, there are 9 train per hour during the off peak, and
some of them are fairly close together. It is relatively easy to mistake
which train is coming toward you, although I am not excusing the train
controller here.

But this has been blown out of all proportion. There was no reduction in
safety, there was a mild inconvenience to passengers, there was an operating
mishap. Lets get things back into perspective.

Dave