Re: Connex refurbished train at Flinder Street Station

dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au (Daniel Bowen) wrote in
<oMUe5.10667$4p3.80043@news-server.bigpond.net.au>:

>"HXP1" <hxp1@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
>397bf5c9$0$11208$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:397bf5c9$0$11208$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
>> The screens automatically turn off under normal running, and the
>> correct screen is called when the Driver answers a duress button.  The
>> reason that the screens are off normally is to avoid distracting the
>> driver from driving (especially in summer).
>
>Interesting: I was on a (Bayside) train last week, noted it was one
>fitted with video cameras. At South Yarra, the driver announced the
>train would run express to Malvern. Then a pause, then "Don't smoke on
>the train thanks buddy." So I presume on that train, the screen(s) are
>always on.

AFAIK those cameras are dead and buried, and if not, at least the driver
doesn't get to see what's going on. It's more of a case that the
inconsiderate arsehole smoking in the train was doing so in the front
carriage, hence the smoke carried through the airconditioning system.

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski [email: michael DOT kurkowski AT gunzel DOT net]

http://www.gunzel.net
ICQ: 1459118

etc etc etc. apathy prevents me from writing this quote.