Re: Connex refurbished train at Flinder Street Station

"HXP1" <hxp1@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
397bf5c9$0$11208$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:397bf5c9$0$11208$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> The screens automatically turn off under normal running, and the
> correct screen is called when the Driver answers a duress button.  The
> reason that the screens are off normally is to avoid distracting the
> driver from driving (especially in summer).

Interesting: I was on a (Bayside) train last week, noted it was one fitted
with video cameras. At South Yarra, the driver announced the train would run
express to Malvern. Then a pause, then "Don't smoke on the train thanks
buddy." So I presume on that train, the screen(s) are always on.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au