Re: [OT] Railway software

<signal_spotter@my-deja.com> wrote in message
8lfrsg$h3v$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8lfrsg$h3v$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> OK, It's probably realistic for US systems but for NSW it's not. In NSW
> the CTC routes actually test the availability of the points and then
> set them. This program you have to do that first. But my biggest gripe
> is that there are layouts based upon real junctions and they're
> operated with this CTC system. Something that would not happen in real
> life. CTC was developed for long single line sections with passing
> loops along the way. That's what it's used for in the US and that's
> what it's used for in NSW. It's not for operating Grand Central Station
> or Roma St or Sydney Yard or Paddington UK etc etc etc.

Well it doesn't even have diamonds! Burn the heretics!  :^)

I found I couldn't do a few of the more 'denser' urban style of
interlockings.

As it was their first release of an editor, I thought they did a good job,
it worked as advertised.

Now, if I can only customise release 3 to look like the premier Train
Control System - UTC!