Re: [NSW] Not enough rolling stock.......

"Sean" <doctornick@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
39794e48$1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:39794e48$1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> Wouldn't people from the southern Highlands/South Coast be left out then?
> Already they want more services during then Olympics. Why not borrow some
> V/Line trains that run on the SG if any :)

the services are already going to be reduced on those lines. There will be
no CityRail trains south of Moss Vale, and all trains will terminate at
Campbelltown, none will go to Central. Also, some South Coast trains will be
replaced by buses south of Dapto.

So the rolling stock is going to be freed up anyway, and those commuters are
going to have to do without trains anyway.

As for V/Line trains that run on SG, there are none, although there are
plenty that could be bogie exchanged. As to whether or not there are enough
bogies, that is another story. Bringing up H sets would mean that P or N
class locos would have to be bogie exchanged, or power vans provided (not
that many left in NSW).

By placing an Endeavour on Clyde - Carlingford shuttles, and one, maybe two,
on Sutherland - Cronulla shuttles, they could possibly free up about 2.5
sets (by sets, I mean 8 car sets) which could be utilised elsewhere.

Dave