National Transport Strategy

Today's "Australian" carries an advert for Director, National
Transport Strategy, based in Brisbane.

It goes on to say that this is a new organisation established to build
a more efficient, effective and sustainable transport system in
Australia.

The NTS, it is said, will have the capacity to assist Transport
Ministers to tackle issues which effect all transpot modes and are of
National significance.

The salary package is $109,300.

OK, what do we know about this? I thought we had a Federal Minister
and Department whose task it was to do what is described in the
advert. While their efforts in recent years have not been remarkable,
do we now have a contender for their job?

Paul Blair
Paul Blair
pblair@pcug.org.au