Re: [Melb] W-class

David E. Lindstrom wrote:

> Any news on the return of the W-class trams?

I would not hold my breath. I was told that it will be up to 6 months
for Swanston's fleet.

Anyway, there is no hurry to get them back as I enjoy getting a bit more
stand - by time in  my shift because of the reduced service at Malvern
depot.

As far as I can see the mechanics have tinkered around with only a few
of the W class, their bogies are newly painted, but I can not see any
modifications.

If they never came back I would not lose any sleep. I am looking forward
to the modern conditions with the new trams, not the old.