Re: Stopping all stations to...Kew?

"David E. Lindstrom" <D_Lindstrom@Bigpond.com> wrote in message
1god5.15118$c5.40838@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:1god5.15118$c5.40838@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> I remember, as a child, correcting my grand-mother when she spoke of
getting
> out of the train at Kew station. I told her there was no such thing as Kew
> station. She said, yes there was, it was the end of the line.
> Regards,
> David Lindstrom

I've got a reproduction map done for the former "Going Going Gone" shop in
Richmond - it's of central and inner eastern Melbourne, probably from around
the 50's. It shows the line to Kew, and the Inner Circle (but not the Outer
Circle). Also shows the old tram route 12 via Beaconsfield Parade, the VR
tramway from St Kilda station, the 75 terminating at Warrigul Road.

Also seems to show route 3 taking *two* routes between Balaclava Road and
Waverley Road in Caulfield - one track goes direct onto Dandenong Road, not
via the station. Is that right? Anybody remember?

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au