Re: [Vic] West Coaster 15/7 Sat

david_arblaster@my-deja.com said:

>As an aside, I remember reading years ago about the restoration of an
>inside cylindered loco in the UK from which the connecting rods were
>missing altogether.  They had replacements milled up in China to order
>- which was much cheaper then having them made locally.  Any spared
>part can be made - at a price.

Since we have a few R's in service now or soon from now, namely: R700,
R707, R711, R761, R766 (two of which are/will be in commercial service),
would it be viable to have spare parts made up and kept aside for when the
need arises?

Not being knowledgeable about boilers or steam in general, what will happen
when any of the R's are due for a boiler renewal? (Wouldn't this be the
most expensive part?)

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski (michael {dot} kurkowski {at} gunzel {dot} net)

http://www.gunzel.net
Telephone: 0438 775506

No! You were not downloaded, you were born!