Re: Mechanical signalling

Keith Holley <Mailman@netscape.net.au> wrote in message
397041fb.439296@news.netspace.net.au">news:397041fb.439296@news.netspace.net.au...
*snip*

>    I spotted  a couple of  Lower Lefthand Quadrant Signal at White
> City where Brooklyn line entres Tottenham yard went travelling to work
> last week  that why I asked about mechanical signalling.
>
>  Another  question is Kyneton  last station with mechanical gates.

Kyneton has a very nice set of gates..

Ballarat has a set of interlocked gates as well.

But they are closed to road traffic for most of the night. Operated by the
signaller on the station, he walks to the signalbox to operate the gates.

These two locations are the last.

There are still "hand operated" gates at Brighton Beach.