Re: Mechanical signalling

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000 19:40:11 +1000, "HXP1"
<hxp1@dingoblue.gunzel.net.au> wrote:

>Keith Holley <Mailman@netscape.net.au> wrote in message
>396844a6.262852@news.netspace.net.au">news:396844a6.262852@news.netspace.net.au...
>
>>  Is there any  mechanical signalling left in the Melbourne
>> area if so where.
>
>The best place to see Mechanical Signalling is probably Flemington
>Racecourse.  There is a large Mechanical Signalbox dating from the 19th
>Century (too lazy to look up the date...) plus plenty of lower quadrant
>mechanical semaphore signals.
>
>The Down end of Frankston is still mechanically signalled, the Up end has
>light signals (& mechanical points).
>
>Kensington has a Mechanical Frame, & the signals are power operated Upper
>Quadrant Semaphores.
>
>Eltham has a Mechanical Frame plus a few mechanical signals.
>
>Plus there are places with a Mechanical Interlocking Frame working light
>signals, e.g Greensborough.
>
>Now for the gratuitous plug for CG's site, which as much more detail:
>http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig
>
>--
>HXP1
>(now with v6.08 software)

   I spotted  a couple of  Lower Lefthand Quadrant Signal at White
City where Brooklyn line entres Tottenham yard went travelling to work
last week  that why I asked about mechanical signalling.

 Another  question is Kyneton  last station with mechanical gates.

  Cheers

         Keith