Re: [Qld] Country Alliance cant see logic in rail plan

>  I was in Townsville a week ago, how could the station get 'closer'. It
> already is pretty well on 'Flinders St'. One diagonal block from the
>Mall.
No, because of the Townsville-Rockhampton section upgrade, the City station
will be close soon(may open for special function), and another station will
be build somewhere on Flinder street.

>  Unfortunatly for us, the Spirit of the Tropics ran late. (We rode from
> Proserpine to Townsville) and we almost missed our connection to Magnetic
> Island. Fortunatly the train was not TO late, and the ferry stopped at
both
> 'City Terminal' and the Breakwater, so a taxi got us to Breakwater in
time.

>  Just Nth of Proserpine they have been relaying track. Total formation
> replacement, new balast, concrete sleepers and rail. On one section there
> was 'old' rail sitting beside the track that still had a shiny head. May
have
> been pull out just before we arrived.
>

>  Rod the tilt train earlier in the trip. Looks very much like a narrow
> bodies air-craft inside. Same styling, except for the size of the windows
> and lack of seat-belts. Like the 'cab cam' they have.....
And they have TV in both class, you can see the front view as well. Plus the
staffs are nicer then typical airline staffs.
I'm looking forward to take the train again in September.  I highly
recommand business class.

>  Surprising for an EMU (and Australian practice) the tilt train is
> uni-directional. The seats (and TV screens) are fixed. They turn the train
> each journey.
>  I asked one of the drivers what happens if one of the 2 sets is
unavailable,
> do they run late?. Nah he said, we almost keep the Tilt train 'table with
> ICE set....
Really? maybe 2 hours late is not a big thing for QR????

Cheers
James